Online Homeschool Program
Northgate Academy Is Homeschool Friendly
Online Homeschool from Northgate Academy
At Northgate Academy, we warmly welcome homeschool families. If you have decided to homeschool your child, we know that you had a great reason for doing so. Perhaps your beliefs do not line up with those of the public school system, maybe your child suffers from bullying or social anxiety, or maybe you just prefer to have more control over your child’s education. For whatever reason you have decided to educate your child at home, Northgate Academy is a great choice.
Graduates Receive A Fully Accredited High School Diploma
If you want to take control of your child’s education, Northgate Academy can put you in the driver’s seat. We put you in control of your child’s education by offering an online high school diploma program, with curricula that meets both State and National Standards, supported by a caring and nurturing staff.
Why Choose Northgate Academy?
If you are wondering why you should homeschool with Northgate Academy, the answer is pretty simple: high quality, faith-based courses, flexibility, and affordability. Our curriculum is entirely self-paced, which means that you and your child are in complete control of your child’s education.
Depending on your child’s specific needs, your child can progress at a pace that best suits their learning objectives. We realize that every child is unique and learns at their own pace. The Northgate Academy homeschool program recognizes and respects the individuality of every student. With no set schedule or imposed “seat time”, your child can learn independently and at a pace that works for them. Students under the age of 18 are required to complete a minimum of 15-20 hours per week to complete with your State compulsory attendance laws.
Northgate Academy offers the best of both worlds. We offer your child a high school diploma that is recognized and will be accepted at colleges, but as a parent, you still have the control of being a homeschooled family. This helps you fully understand and participate in your child’s education.
Northgate Academy was awarded the best homeschool program in 2023 by How to HomeSchool. Northgate Academy was also the winner of the Top 100 Educational resources of 2022 by Homeschool.com – one of the nation’s largest and most well-respected Homeschool organizations.
Affordable Monthly Payments
As a parent, you are able to take control of your child’s education, while partnering with one of the nation’s most respected school systems. Parents appreciate the support and flexibility that you will receive with our school. Parents also appreciate the value of giving their child a Christian-based, world-class, high school education.
What sets Northgate Academy apart from other online schools? First, Northgate Academy is highly dedicated to our students and families. We strive to offer exceptional education support services to our students’ and families. Ensuring that your child receives a quality Christian education is paramount for us. In all that we do as a staff, we strive to bring glory to God by helping to raise up the next. Northgate Academy was warded the best homeshcool program in 2023 by How to HomeSchool.
Getting Started At Northgate Academy Is Easy!
Next, you'll be asked to create your student account. This starts by entering a valid email address and choosing a secure password. Next, you'll enter essential information, such as your full name, address, and date of birth. On the last page, you will choose your security question.Nov 09, 2017
At Northgate Academy, you can choose to pay your tuition in multiple ways.
- Payment in Full
- Pay off in 3 months
- Pay every month
These options are designed to offer our students the flexibility needed to make our programs work for them.Nov 09, 2017
That's it! You're ready to get started. If you are choosing the College Prep Curriculum, please reach out to our admissions team by calling (800) 339-7132 or using the chatbot in the lower right hand corner of our website. The team at Northgate Academy walks with your every step of the way.Nov 09, 2017
Your Diploma Is Closer Than You Think!
NGA Homeschool Transfer Credit Policy
Northgate Academy will transfer a maximum of fourteen (14) homeschool core credits under certain conditions. Documentation of the credits and completion of the online HSA (Homeschool Assessment) exam is required for a homeschool credit analysis to be complete. Acceptable forms of documentation include an official transcript, scope and sequence, and/or a portfolio. Northgate Academy will accept homeschool credits earned through a qualified curriculum provider or homeschool organization.
Northgate Academy awards credit in one-credit (180 hours) or half-credit (90- hours) increments.
• Only one (1) credit will be awarded for Health/PE.
• A maximum of one (1) credit will be awarded for Fine Arts or Humanities.
• No credit will be awarded for Driver Education courses.
• Northgate Academy will issue credit for courses taken at a qualified homeschool once the official transcript and/or a portfolio has been received, audited, and the online HSA exam(s) are complete. All online HSA exams are remotely proctored. The fee for the HSA is $ 25 per assessment.
Partnering with Northgate Academy Online can also limit and reduce State reporting requirements that are typically associated with homeschool. Our State Certified instructors will partner with you to ensure your child receives the best-homeschooled education.
Whatever your reason is for choosing to homeschool, Northgate Academy is the perfect solution. Our homeschool program allows you to:
- Share in the learning process with your child and plan for best outcomes
- Monitor and track your child’s progress daily
- Be creative by integrating other learning opportunities into the school day such as taking field trips and focusing on areas that are especially interesting to your high school student (Keeping a child interested helps to support your child’s learning)
- Allow your homeschooler to take part in extracurricular activities of their choice outside of their online studies
- Work with your child and instructor to identify and improve any problem areas that may go unnoticed in a traditional high school
- Escape the peer pressure and social anxiety, bullying and social pressures that often occur in a traditional high school setting
- Cater to your child’s health or religious needs
- Save time and gas and other transportation costs associated with traditional high school
- Limit the worry of other problems associated with public school (violence in schools are on the rise)
- Homeschool is a safe and nurturing environment.
Click here to review the curricula and course descriptions.
Ready to get started today? Click Here and get started now or call us today at 1-800-339-7132.
A partial list of qualified homeschool curriculum providers that may transfer to Northgate Academy include:
- A Beka Academy
- Monarch by AO
- Switched on Schoolhouse
- A+ Interactive Math
- Enchanted Learning
- Reading Eggs
- RAZ Kids
- Bob Jones University Press
- Oak Meadow
- Alpha Omega
- Global Student Network
Do you have questions about homeschooling with Northgate Academy? Call us today at 800-339-7132